Friday

Thursday June 23rd, 1977


We had a lot of fun last night, Feinberg and Solomon were a riot, the girls were cute and we drank a lot of beer. Kenny teased me today saying that 'you had as much fun as one can have on a date with 6 other people in the car.' I was tipsy, so I guess I had a good time. I made eye contact with Sheridan a few times today and he just flashed that smile and shook his head.

The morning went fast today, I worked with Judy Tarbert and her cousin Debbie Hook from Bay Villiage Ohio. They are two of the cutest girls you will ever meet and also the most charming. I had them hitting so well and was very proud of myself.

In the afternoon Tom sent Lenny, Pat and I up to the hard courts. Bobby got in trouble a couple of nights ago so Tom put he and Vrana on the teaching court. When its hot like this its the same as being sent to Devil's Island.

I played Feinberg at 4:00 and he really kicked my ass, he ran out to a 4-0 lead but I figured him out and started hitting the short angles on him, I ran him pretty good but he didnt miss a shot and beat me 7-5. He goes to John Hopkins and plays on the team there and is a very solid player. If you make a mistake against him you lose because he doesnt make many mistakes. I was playing with a bum ankle and was afraid to slide on it...but its fine. Its all purple around the joint area.

Bobby and I were on Downtown duty at Wise's. This is Bobby's favorite duty and I see why, he is a bigger flirt than me! This is a different side to the guy I know from ISU. He was shy there and Craig Thompson, one of our mutual friends told me that Bobby spent a lot of time in the dorm and didnt socialize much. He was so funny tonight. We told a bunch of the girls that we were twin brothers and they still think that we are twins and Roger is our little brother.

At school Bobby and I were rivals on the team and we never just hung out and talked. I can see that I missed out because he has a great sense of humor, he is one of those guys that's just too smart for his own good.

Theres a big orange moon tonight, I can see the constellations I see at home, the north star, Orion's belt...kind of makes me wonder whats going on at home. I wonder if Zaladonis is playing the tournaments we played last year. I wanted to get another win before I left but he was hiding from me. Ive been here almost two weeks and am still loving it.

Sanderson is laying on his bed reading Tennis magazine. He's having a good summer, having only lost the doubles sets in which he partnered with me! I have to start playing well soon!

No comments: