Saturday

Monday July 24th, 1977


Rainy days and Mondays, Mondays are tough but add some clouds, lightning and thunder and a tough day is even tougher. It was dark and foreboding all morning and then after lunch the rain started falling. We got the kids in the gym and then Mr. B asked me to help him out. We went to the warehouse and picked up a couple of cases of new balls. This past two weeks we lost just 22 balls.


When I got back to the gym all 105 kids were playing around the world on the four indoor wood courts...the noise level was about the same as a 737...Its a tough environment to teach in, but the kids love it because they actually get a lot of hitting in.


At 4:30 we set the gym up for basketball and we also had the pool opened so the kids had a lot of different options. Mr. B. had Mike Kunz, Lenny and I set up the video tape so the counselors could look at their tape; some of us didnt get to see the tape, some wanted to see it again. Im amazed at my forehand. From a straight back forehand to a loop, it looks good and makes all the difference in the world.


The rain is still falling, its been falling since this afternoon, a lot of the kids came in early and the dorms have been noisy with lots of rough-housing. Mr. B came out of his apartment and was not happy with the kids, he came into my room and had me settle the kids down, I sent them to the girls dorm, they have a better TV room. Its quiet now and I think everyone will sleep well tonight because its nice and cool.

No comments: