Tuesday

ISU Tennis Season Over. June 5th 1977




We just finished the Tennis season, after a great fall (12-3), we finished 4-16 in the spring with losses to Boise State, Montana, Utah State, Weber, Hayward, San Jose, USF, SF State. It was brutal.

I have been playing number 6 singles and had close matches with all the Big Sky teams but the California teams were another story, they are in a different Universe...especially Stanford, they have an amazing player by the name of Mitchell. It was great seeing them on our spring break trip.
Now that the season is over I landed a job back east. Coach Fenske called Frank Brennan, Billie Jean King's coach and got me a job teaching at the camp and working as a counselor at the Mercersburg Academy. Bobby Dickinson will also work there, Bobby played number one singles and number two doubles all season and won the MVP award. I was lucky enough to letter and that's pretty good for a freshman. I started every varsity match, it doesn't get much better.

I played Jim Hall this afternoon at the Reed Gym courts, the guy is giving me fits because he hits a lot of spin and he has a good lob, I managed to beat him 6-3,6-4. I tried to extend my 5 match win streak over Mike Zaladonis but he is no where to be found.

No comments: